Like most website operators, Clapham Common Hockey Club Ltd collects non-personally-identifying information of the sort that web browsers and servers typically make available, such as the browser type, language preference, referring site, and the date and time of each visitor request. Clapham Common Hockey Club Ltd's purpose in collecting non-personally identifying information is to better understand how Clapham Common Hockey Club Ltd's visitors use its website. From time to time, Clapham Common Hockey Club Ltd may release non-personally-identifying information in the aggregate, e.g., by publishing a report on trends in the usage of its website.
Clapham Common Hockey Club Ltd also collects potentially personally-identifying information like Internet Protocol (IP) addresses for logged in users and for users leaving comments on http://www.claphamhockey.com blog posts. Clapham Common Hockey Club Ltd only discloses logged in user and commenter IP addresses under the same circumstances that it uses and discloses personally-identifying information as described below.
Certain visitors to Clapham Common Hockey Club Ltd's websites choose to interact with Clapham Common Hockey Club Ltd in ways that require Clapham Common Hockey Club Ltd to gather personally-identifying information. The amount and type of information that Clapham Common Hockey Club Ltd gathers depends on the nature of the interaction. For example, we ask visitors who sign up for a blog at http://www.claphamhockey.com to provide a username and email address.
The security of your Personal Information is important to us, but remember that no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage is 100% secure. While we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your Personal Information, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
We have no control over, and assume no responsibility for the content, privacy policies or practices of any third party sites, products or services.
You can set preferences for how Google advertises to you using the Google Ad Preferences page, and if you want to you can opt out of interest-based advertising entirely by cookie settings or permanently using a browser plugin.
Clapham Common Hockey Club Ltd may collect statistics about the behavior of visitors to its website. Clapham Common Hockey Club Ltd may display this information publicly or provide it to others. However, Clapham Common Hockey Club Ltd does not disclose your personally-identifying information.
To enrich and perfect your online experience, Clapham Common Hockey Club Ltd uses "Cookies", similar technologies and services provided by others to display personalized content, appropriate advertising and store your preferences on your computer.
Our Club Policies
It takes two to tango and we want everyone to have a great time at CCHC
3. Players are expected to play in the best spirits of the game and uphold the values of the club at all times.
4. CCHC is committed to running a progressive team set up, with players having the option to progress upwards based on performance, our aim to get you to the best level you can play at.
5. Players will be expected to pay fees on time. Any failures to pay owed fees may end up with suspension from the club or dismissal if owed subs aren't honoured.
6. CCHC expects players to take out their own player insurance/personal medical health coverage, as you will not be covered by the club policy should you get injured and need medical care.
7. The club management reserve the right to cancel a player’s membership at any time, without reason. If this is done a pro-rata refund will be offered for any fee’s previously paid.
8. Clapham Common Hockey Club (CCHC herein) does not tolerate or accept behaviour from any members that causes offence, is malicious or considered by the management to be outside of the behaviour expected of members of CCHC.
9. The club is GDPR compliant and will not share your data with third parties.
10. The club expects players to conduct themselves in a sportsman like manner when representing the club on and off the field. Player safety should be paramount and at no time shall a player attempt to cause deliberate harm to another player in CCHC or any club we face.
11. On club socials members are reminded to drink responsibly and at their own risk. CCHC and it’s management accept no responsibility or liability for anyone who attends a CCHC game or organised event.
12. Player selection is at the discretion of the CCHC management and no player has a default right to play by being a member.
13. Safety equipment - gum shields, shin pads and correct footwear are highly recommended by CCHC, players should make their own personal safety their responsibility.
14. CCHC management’s decision is final on all matters regarding the club, player conduct, finances and anything else to do with the club in any shape and form.
15. CCHC accepts no liability for players/members whilst playing for the club, representing it or attending a club event.
1. Can I try you out for free? Yes - you're first time with us is always free, so whether you want to play mens/ladies or mixed, or you're a beginner / youth player - drop us a line and we'll get you along to a free session to try us out!
2. I've not played in a few years, so not sure if I should play mens/ladies or mixed? No problem, come and try both for free! We have a wide range of abilities in our mens & ladies, including development sides - so generally speaking we have something to suit you!
3. I'm a beginner - what would be best for me? We have a beginner sessions on Sundays for everyone from youth through to 40+ players, we would get you along to those sessions for a few weeks, till you pick the sport up, then you can progress when you're ready into mixed or mens/ladies. Just contact us and let us know and we'll get you along to a session to try the sport. Contact us.
4. What are the fees?
Mens/Ladies/Mixed: 2020/21 annual Membership is a one off payment of £165 or 3 monthly payments of £60. Matches are £10 a game.
If you join later in the season the fees are pro-ratted. This includes access to our Summer league.
Social Hockey (20+, beginner / intermediate): £16pm + £6.50 per session.
5. Do you play summer league? Yes from May to August, so with us you get access to hockey all year round.
6. Is training included? Yes, if you play mens/ladies/mixed - then training sessions are included. Mens and ladies are fully coached, whilst mixed training is a more casual midweek run about.
7. Can I progress up through the teams? Yes, our sides are dynamic - so as you improve, you'll have plenty of opportunity to progress.
8. I have a busy life and may not be able to train - no problem, mixed hockey is a great option for you. Low commitment, play/train when you can, it's the ultimate in flexible hockey.
9. Is the club growing? Yes, last year we added 200 players in the summer and this year we plan to add even more - it's a great time to join!
10. I'm a goalie - but I have no kit. That's no problem, we have club kits - just get in touch and we'll sort you out.
11. I hear the club has an incredible social scene, can I be a social member? Yes we have a social membership, just get in touch.
12. COVID: If less than the following no. of games (as recored in Slate as a charged fixture) are offered to your team before Aug 20th 2021, the following refund of your membership will be offered:
<5 = 75% | <9 = 50% | <12 = 25%